Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Random Thoughts

Hi blog people. I don't have enough of one subject to talk about to justify one big post, so instead, here are several (random) thoughts....


1) I tried something new and yummy this week. Don't let the "good for you"-ness scare you off. These little cookies (Kashi Chewey Oats and Chocolate Chips) are really freaking good, AND they are quite filling, which means I tend to only eat one, or maybe two, and then I'm not hungry for a couple of hours. The chocolate chips are all gooey. YUM


2) I hear on the radio today a story about a woman who, in an attempt to fully understand just how much trash one person produces, decided to carry around all of her trash for two weeks. Anything that she couldn't recycle or compost, she had to carry with her. This is a picture of how much trash she collected after ten days, which I find VERY impressive (how little there is). I think this is a cool idea. You can also read her blog here.




3) Dude. I'd like to say to whichever Hollywood exec who decided to film a movie outside my apartment (and therefore require that all the streets and alleys near the building be closed) during the same weekend that we had planned to move out of the apartment: you SUCK!

4) We harvested an onion from our garden a couple of days ago. Its about the size of a tennis ball. We haven't eaten it yet, so I dunno how tasty it is/will be.


5) and now for a little first world guilt, complements of YouTube



Ok, that's all I've got for now. :)

2 comments:

  1. 1. You should try the chewy Kashi granola bars, too. My favorites are Honey & Flaxseed and Trailmix. They are so good that MB likes them, so you know they have to be awesome.

    2. You should find the audiobook of Elizabeth Royte's Garbage Land. It's really, really good.

    3. *shakes fist at movie crew*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i already checked audible and they don't have that book. Next I guess I'll have to go to the actual library (website). LOL *checks library for downloadable audiobook* damnit.. not there either.. *checks regular library catalog*.. yeah all they have is the paperback... *checks BN* ok so yeah, apparently its reading with my actual eyeballs time. :)

    ReplyDelete