Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Burbs

Nick and I took a drive (what else would you take?) through our future home in the burbs yesterday. We wanted to check out the area west of Forest Park. We found the following:


Kohls, that's cool...







Ok, its true. I get really excited about Olive Garden (like jump up and down excited)... so that's cool.





And THEN we saw THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I think it jumped in the car when we were at a gas station. First, I thought I felt it on my foot. Then, I thought I felt in on my hand. But, since I couldn't actually see it anywhere, I (and Nick) managed to convince myself that I was just imagining it. BUT THEN, as we stopped at a red light a few blocks from our apartment... I FOUND IT crawling up the edge my my seat... that's NOT COOL. I totally freaked out... I jumped out of the car, shook myself off... and starting walking home. No way was I getting back in the car with that thing. I'm sure that the people in cars around us thought that Nick and I had just had a big fight or something... Its not him.. it CICADA OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMFG! You are too funny. How did Nick react to your jumping out of the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you on the jumping out, but i would have made sure it was out, and then got back in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I gave Nick warning by saying "ok, i'm jumping out of the car" before I actually did it. But he was probably glad that I did because my squeeling made it hard for him to drive savely

    ReplyDelete