Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2007

More House News

Hey blog people. I am so happy right now, so I thought I'd (sort of have to) share. The sale of the "south house' is moving along. Things were looking bleak on Tuesday when we received two pages of repair requests from them. We replied saying that we'd do the small / understandable stuff (like fix the leaky sink, have the furnace serviced, secure a wobbly light in the basement, trim the tree limbs so they don't touch the electric wire, etc). We also offered them $1,000 closing credit toward the roof work they requested. This morning I received the news that they accepted all our terms. This is particularly exciting because it means WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE FREAK'N ROOF ANYMORE!!!!!!!! Hale-freak'n-luja!!! So, now we're set to close on the 29th of June. I've added a countdown timer to my blog (look up) so I can happily watch the days of us owning the south house roll by. I wanted a cooler, bigger font, brighter colored timer, but this is the only javascript I could find that I could actually get to work. If anyone knows of any cooler javascript timers I can cut and paste, let me know.

As far as the new Forest Park house... Although there are still a couple issues in the air (aka: so are they gonna cut the freak'n tree limbs that are obviously hanging on the wire or what?), the deal is pretty much a sure thing at this point. The only thing that we're waiting on is the mortgage to be finalized. We've already locked in a rate, but apparently we're not actually fully approved yet. Hopefully we'll be getting the go ahead on that in a couple weeks. The closing for the new house is July 16th. I tried to add a countdown timer for this as well, using the same script (with the end date changed) as I did for the other one, but for some reason, when I go to add a second timer, the first timer gets all fucked up. Apparently, there's something in the script that's only allowing me to have one timer on my page... If anyone knows how to fix this / how I can get a second countdown timer on my blog, let me know.

So, that's the news!!! Of course, we still have tons of stuff to do... including moving all our stuff out of the old house and into storage before the 30th. I think we might have a yard sale to try to get rid of some of this stuff. When we move into the new house, we'll have stuff from two different locations (apartment downtown and storage unit down south) to move to the house. That should be fun. (not). In the mean time, I have to talk to my knew neighbors and give them the news that we're having a privacy fence installed and ask them if they want my fence company to pull up their chain link fence (for 3$ a square foot). I hope they are nice.

But all in all, I am very happy. Things are moving along well. I can't wait to get into the new house!!!! YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment