Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Monday, April 9, 2007

How many blogs would a wood chuck blog if a wood chuch could blog? (or something)

Word-

So, I started this blog on Friday night with my first post. Then, I managed to loose the blog in the labyrinth of Blogger/Google landia, but I found it again a few minutes ago. Everything is still here. Fwew! So I thought I'd go ahead and make another post before I lose the blog again. Its been three days since my last post, which leads me to believe that I will not be an every day blogging person. Hell, I can't keep myself on a schedule when it comes to just about everything.

Today I was reading velocibadgergirl's accountability blog. The three stages blog envy: First I felt guilty, since I haven't done yoga in forever (and since VG and I used to do yoga a couple times a week together). Then, I felt angry at my lack of motivation. Then I thought "Ah-ha, I can do that too".. meaning that I have decided to harness the power of the accountability blog to make myself do shit that I know I should do.

But, where should I start? There's so much stuff I need to be more disciplined about: exercising, doing housework on a regular basis so things don't get totally out of hand, keeping up with some creative hobby (but first, deciding what that hobby is going to be; fiddle and painting are in tight competition at the moment), reading something that can make me smarter (or at least doesn't make me dumber), blogging on a semi-regular basis, etc. I can come up with a good reason not to choose any of these. But then again, that's the root of my problem: ability to rationalize procrastination. I'll have to put more thought into this...

Is my blog boring you?
I don't mean to bore you... (who can spot an adulteration of a Bono quote)

Its my second post... and about time I finally made a U2 reference. Don't you think?

I like taking pictures, usually of the animal cuteness that I am assaulted with on a daily basis, but also pictures of the cool city I live in, the view out my window, the progress of the window herb garden the cat's haven't discovered yet, etc., so I'll probably start a daily picture or something... There is a slight logistical complication with this: our dog Maggie is insanely afraid of the camera--we think the flash reminds her of lightning which reminds her of thunderstorm es which scares her shitless--so its hard for me to even turn my camera on to download pictures without her hearing the camera beep, waking up from a deep sleep, running into the other room, and shaking uncontrollably while hunched in the corner... So we'll see how that goes.

Ok, enough for today. I'll try to resist the temptation to babble on incessantly.

Are you bored yet?

;)

PS: I would like to take this moment to thank Blogger for their lovely spell check tool. Otherwise you guys would really hate me.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post title. And of course, welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it boring us? Certainly not.

    O.K, J-Dog. Play the blues.

    (Fine choice of quote. That song gas been one of my favorites since about the 8th grade. Especially like the guitar solo that follows. Keep up the good work.)

    ReplyDelete