Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Holy Bah-Jesus

So, it finally happened. I managed to get myself up off the couch/chair/bed to do yoga for the first time in.... well... let me put it this way: I've had the kitties for almost two years now, and I don't think either of them have ever seen me do yoga. (and judging by the weird looks they gave me the entire time I was doing it tonight, I think I'm right.)

OK, ok... Nick was kind enough (annoying enough? j/k) to point out that we did in fact do yoga once (and only once, and I didn't even finish the whole DVD that time) when we were training for the marathon (the 2005 marathon, mind you). So, yeah,. fine. The kitties were around then. You're right...

So anyway, yes, I did yoga tonight. I did the MTV Yoga DVD, the original one, not the totally kick you in the ass MTV Power Yoga (which I do in fact own and have done before and hopefully will be able to do it again someday). In short, Holy Bah-Jesus did it Kick MY ASS!!! Good news is: I seemed to have some muscle memory for the poses. Bad news is: my flexibility is totally gone, and my belly is bigger, which also made the bending in half stretches harder.

But, I did finish it, and I do plan to do it again soon (maybe tomorrow). Maybe I should make a deal with you, my loyal readers and, from this point on, my unilaterally appointed accountability partners, that I will do yoga one time for the next seven (7) days.

Dude, I can feel the disappointment of not following through on this already...

We'll see...

So yeah, in other news, this is a picture of my indoor herb garden, week one. (I really planted it like two or three weeks ago, but this is the first week I've taken a picture, so this is week one, I declare.)





So, from left to right we have: Regular Basil, Purple Basil, Parsley (top row); Chives (bottom left), and Mint (bottom right). The bottom middle pot is actually empty. I ran out of seed packets, but I bought some Lavender seeds today which I will plant tonight. Of course, I didn't actually mark the pots, so I might have that plant identification out of order. I keep it covered in a little green house lid thingy so hopefully the cats wont eat it.

And now for the roof update. (If you don't know what I'm talking about here's a hopefully brief synopsis: We're trying to sell our house, but about a month ago we discovered that we have a leak in the roof. We've spent the last month trying to get half-way reputable roofing dudes to give us half-way do-able quotes, but we've been stood up, lied to, and stood up some more my roofers ranging from slightly clueless but with good intent to totally dumb out to rip us off. Things starting looking up when we finally were able to locate the dude who did the roof originally (the roof was new when Nick bought the house three years ago), so our new hope is to get him to finally fix it, and hopefully for free) So, FINALLY Mr. did-the-roof-before (and did a shitty job, but all accounts) guy showed up today. Nick and I went down to the house this morning. I got up on the roof with a garden hose and sprayed in different places while Nick was in the attic looking for the leak. It was a sunny day, so we had to make our own rain. We then called Mr. roof man and insisted he come look. He was grumpy, but he came anyway. He got on the roof and looked at the place where we thought it was leaking (the point where spraying caused the leak to drip). He says he'll send out his "guys" do put another "bundle or two" of shingles on top of the old ones at the place where its leaking. I have no idea if that's legit or not, but he's doing it for free and he's supposedly doing it this week. Whatever. We'll test it again with the garden hose once they've done the work. But, at this point, things are looking up. Maybe we'll have this place listed in a couple weeks.

So yeah, that's my big weekend update.

Random words of wisdom: Adding half and half to melting dark chocolate to "make the fondue more creamy" totally doesn't work and will ruin the chocolate that had moments before been beautiful dark creamy melted goodness so that looks poop and you have to throw it away.



Luckily I had one more bar of chocolate left, so I started over, used JUST chocolate, and had some tasty fondue, despite my earlier mishap. Nick and I ate fondue (then popcorn), drank wine, played Othello and watched Must Love Dogs. Its cute and lame all at once.

Ok. so I need to go start dinner, so catch all you guys on the flip side.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment