Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

If I Become a Suburb Person, Would You Still Love Me?

So, we looked at more houses yesterday. This time, we looked at stuff in the suburb of Forest Park. Its west of the city about ten miles. Ten miles doesn't seem like a lot after living 22 miles from the city down in the south house. We saw some nice houses, a couple wierd houses, and two completely hideous houses. Among the nicer ones. we found this one, which I am currently obsessed with. Its got a great kitchen and a great backyard and its within walking distance of a dog park and restaurants AND the blue line train. The only thing that's wrong with it is that its directly across the street from a Thorton's gas station. We're thinking of making an offer though. So, would you guys still love me if I moved out of the city in search of more space and became a suburb person?

3 comments:

  1. For the record, I first read that as "superb" person, and was like "Aren't you, though?"

    As for Forest Park, it's hard for me to think of it as a suburb per se....it's more a neighborhood. It's not like you're thinking of moving to Schaumburg or Aurora...now, those are suburbs...

    As long as you find a place that makes you guys happy, I don't think you'll find any of us that plan to disown you because you can't see the lake from your window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the house hunting. I've just started looking myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that it's not really far enough to seem suburban to me, just not downtown. if that's what it takes to get the right house, more power.

    besides, i'd still love you if you did move to someplace really suburban, i'd just be surprised.

    ReplyDelete