Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

House

Hi blog people. So, its official. Our house is listed ! Some of your have been asking me for pictures, so here are some pictures of the final product. Its not pimped out with high end appliances and finishes; its not going to be in any magazines soon, but it definitely looks a lot better than it did. My eyeball or brain or something was apparently crooked the day I took these pictures, that's why they're sort of at a slant. The house itself is level, I assure you! :)


First, here's a picture of the back patio


Here's a picture of the back yard. yay.


This is the ugly but functional basement half bath.



This is the basement. We used the sheets of fabric to create a division of space as well as a closet, since I kicked nick out of the (tiny) upstairs closet when we were actually living there.


The second bedroom (we have it set up as an office)



And "master" bedroom yay.


The bathroom, with the new vanity and new tile that we installed ourselves, largely successfully



The kitchen, we didn't do much other than paint in here...


The dining room. Ths is where it starts to get interesting cuz you can see our newly refinished hardwood floors.


And finally, the living room.. Yay hardwood floors!!




So there y'a go. I don't have a picture of the front exterior of the house. We didn't do anything out there other than plant flowers.

Now all we have to do is sit around and wait for someone to buy the damn thing.

:)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, nice work!

    Now that it's all prettified, do you feel sad that you're selling it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, kind of, but I feel confident that we can find something that we'll ultimately like better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, I think that's around the same or more... more I think... than my parents paid for the house I'm commenting from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is? the price we have our house listed at? Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. Its probably listed at twice the price as my parents paid for their E-ville house. And our house is technically in the hood .. our house closer into the city in a non hood area would easily be 300,000 plus dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your listing price. I knew it would be high compared to down here, but I hadn't been sure how high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the baby blue sink and toilet! Very Mary Tyler Moore!

    If you change your mind about your new condo, you and Nick could move to NOLA and I could move to Chicago. "Home Swap," sort of like on television

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, no, it's almost 15,000 less that your parents paid, bibliophile (i checked). j-dog, half sounds about right, but since it's been a few years and they did some fix ups, it's worth more like two-thirds now, i'd say.

    honestly, even knowing the neighborhood was somewhat ghetto and the house is fairly small, i expected it to be more. the prices in chicago always blow my mind on the various real estate shows.

    p.s. my daddy only paid something like 12-15,000 for our house. but it was smaller then, and that was 1970.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, our neighborhood is priced really low cuz its so far away from downtown. Neighborhoods that are much more ghetto but closer to downtown are priced much higher. And, our price is low because we're trying to unload it quckly. "Trying" being the operative word.

    My parents said that their house has doubled in value since they bought it. A) its been like 15 years since they bought it B) they got it for cheap and C) they've made a lot of updates.

    Yeah, if we bought the house that already has an accepted offer in on it, we'd DEFINITELY paint everything as well as tear up the carpet. I'd want to redo the kitchen eventually too, but that would be a couple years down the road too.

    ReplyDelete