Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Shout Out From the Technology Abyss

HI blog people. So yeah, my blog has been sucking lately. Sorry 'bout that. :) I know I've been a bit house-obsessed, and unfortunately, I don't think I've got it completely out of my system yet (I've got some more house pictures to post shortly). Also, I've been without internet at home for the past week. We just got our new DSL service turned on yesterday, but we were so busy last night moving more boxes out of the apartment that we didn't have time to even open the box containing the router, which the UPS man decided to leave for us outside in the rain rather than INSIDE the sun room as our note requested... grr. So, we should get the Internet up and running in a couple of days. Then, hopefully, I'll be back to blogging more regularly.

Our village (its weird to say that I live in a "village" but its really true...) has some really weird (and annoying) rules. For instance, apparently there is a rule that says that dogs cannot urinate or defecate on any property other than that of their owners. So my question is: what if you're at the dog park and the dog pees on a tree... what are you supposed to do? What about people living in apartments who have dogs and don't' own any yard a all? This is obviously a stupid rule, and I can't imagine how it would be enforceable, unless they catch your dog in the act.

We bought a new dining room table over the weekend. (well, we paid for it over the weekend, but we don't actually posses it yet; it will be delivered in a couple of days). By far, its the most money I've spent on a piece of furniture, but it will better accommodate the onslaught of the in-laws (labor day) as well as the Evansvillians trip in August. The chairs are fake leather (vynl) so they're not very enviro-friendly. But, at least they're not dead? I know, its a pretty lame excuse.

So, yeah, herein I shall put an end to this, I fear, terribly boring post. *sigh* I gotta get better at this blog thing...

1 comment:

  1. More photos! More photos!

    I agree the "defecation rule" is sort of silly, but as someone who has thrown out TWO pairs of sneakers due to misstepping in front of her own apartment, I appreciate the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete