Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Friday, July 6, 2007

Blow Some S#$% Up

Hi blog people. So, Nick and I were lame and didn't go see the Chicago fireworks this year. We are pretty much obsessed with our new house at the moment, so we wanted to spend time unpacking instead. Also, the lakefront is always so freaking crowded. You have to get there hours in advance. etc etc. So, I stole one of the many YouTube videos of this year's fireworks to share with you here.



We did see the Forest Park fireworks display the next evening (Chicago does theirs on the 3rd, and all the surrounding towns and villages do theirs on the 4th). I can't find a video of it, but I can assure you that it was actually much better than I expected. There was no musical accompaniment to the Forest Park display (that I am aware of anyway), but it went for about 20 minutes with several pseudo-finales. I approve. My suburb knows how to blow shit up.

We had a cookout on the night of the 4th along with 5 of our friends. Thank god we have a basement in which to hide all the unpacked boxes. It was nice to have our first gathering at the house. As usual, we bought way too much food.

We took out the hammock so that people could lounge on it during the cookout. Our neighbor was like, astonished, for some reason, by it. He called out other people from his apartment to come look at it. "Woa, that's cool. Look at that." It was slightly weird to have our stuff so idolized by the neighbor.

Can't wait to get that fence up. LOL (just kidding about the "so we can't see the neighbors" context of that .. although we will be glad to get the fence up so we can let the dogs out w/o leashes.)

Speaking of dogs, our friend Jen brought over her new poodle puppy to the cookout. At one point, the poodle was running around inside the house. Morgan sauntered into the room where the puppy was. Puppy runs up to Morgan. Morgan puffs up, gets his big "oh shit" scary eyes, hisses and blows, and then finally runs away. Need I mention that the poodle puppy is about one third the size of humongo-cat Morgan? It was completely hilarius. Keenan, on the other hand, found the puppy to be extremely intriguing. He'll follow her around, sniff her, maybe thing about pouncing on her. Ah.... animals. :) I totally forgot to take any pictures of any of the evening's events, so unfortunately I don't have anything else to share with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment