Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Off To A Rough Start

Dear AT&T,

Don't let the fact that I recently signed up for new phone/internet/tv service with you for my new home lead you to believe that I like you. The truth is, I chose you because I loath you slightly less than your compeditor, namely, Comcast (hereafter refered to as "the evil-C". I am sad to report that, despite the fact that I've only had your service for four days now, you have begun to close the loathing gap between yourself and the evil-C. You'd think that before assigning me a phone number, you'd first check to make sure that it DOESN'T ALREADY BELONG TO SOMEONE ELSE! Also, you'd think that it wouldn't take an hour (the first half our spent talking to your really annoying voice recognition software... I HATE that stuff!!) on the phone with your customer service representative (who, by the way, obviously loves her job just as much as I love having to deal with lame utility companies such as yourself) for you to figure out that the reason my DSL isn't working and the reason my phone line connection is so full of static because you forgot to disconnect the number you gave ME from the customer who had it previously. Get ready to prorate my account until you get this problem fixed. Also, let it be known that it is because of you that we had to get up two hours early this morning, so that my husband could go to work early and finish some of the internet-based work he was planning to do at the house. I hope to receive a call from you soon letting me know that the problem has been resolved. I hope to be on the internet in the next couple of days. I hope you do not request that I return the DSL equipment to you at my own expense. I hope you do not change my phone number, since I've already told everyone that my number is the one you gave me originally. And, most of all, I hope this is not an indication that you operate your company with an amount of greed and incompetence as does the evil-C. Come on, AT&T, prove to me that you are better than the rest, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment