Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Monday, February 25, 2008

[Instert Farting Sound Here]

So.... yeah.... I haven't blogged or vlogged in like... two weeks. *lame*. I did a valentine's day vlog (well, I shot the footage at least), but the editing portion of it has taking forever and ended up largely unsuccessful. And then, the other day one of the hindges on my laptop broke, which was an annoyance. But, yesterday, when, after smelling that "something electronic is on fire" smell I removed the power adapter cord from my laptop only to receive a minor-yet-still-painful burn in my finger, it was obvious that Mr. Laptop was having trouble. The plug in portion of the cord had actually begun to melt, causing it to bend at about a 20 degree angle. Also, I think it melted some of the "innerds" of the power supply inside the laptop too, as evidenced by the gunk that's on the end of the cord. I got out my old power cord, which I had replaced by in November b/c the old one had such a bad connection that I'd practically have to push it in with my hand the entire time it was charging to maintain the connection. Due to the melty-melty, the old cord works even worse now. So, I have a laptop with about an hour's worth of power left in it, a propensity to melt shit, and a screen that much remain stationary.

Blah!

Is it really dead after 3 1/2 years? Are we really about the pony up over a grand for a new computer? *sigh*. In the exciting news category, I think we may go for a MacBook this time, rather than a PC. Nick's always been a fan of Mac's, and I must say that I do look forward to the possibility that having a Mac will make my vlogging life easier, since a) MacBooks come with webcams, b) I wont have to convert my quicktime videos into windows media player format anymore and c) I'll have the advantage of using iMovie which, while not pro-level, still is probably better than Windows Movie Maker. MacBooks also have magnetic power cords... Word!

Anyway, that's the news, yo. Boring.. yeah... sorry :(.

2 comments:

  1. Sucks about the computer. Hope the new one treats you better, although three and a half years sadly seems about the right age for a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete