Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pav

OK, so I cried over the Crocodile Hunter (Steve Irwin, who, incidentally died just over a year ago), which surprised me. I mean, I liked the guy, his shows, I thought he seemed to be a cool dude and seemed to generally do good stuff for animals (shut up PETA)... but I was surprised when I sat at the kitchen table and balled my eyes out for an hour during his memorial service... for someone I've never met and, until he died, didn't really have an extraordinary interest or attachment to.

Well, it happened again.. this time with Pavarotti. The thing I associated most with him, until today, was the song he did with U2 and Brian Eno on the Passengers Original Soundtrack Number 1 CD back in 1995. I'm not really a big opera fan. I can't even name any of Pav's most famous (or not so famous) performances. But, I have always been impressed with his abilities. But, here I am, at work getting all teer-y-eyed over him. Maybe its all the tributes that have been on the radio today (and I'm sure plenty more will follow). Maybe it was something about being able to listen to two different Pav performances on two difference radio stations (one in the other room) at the same time (kinda like the moment of silence all the radio stations played... umm... errrr... was that for the first aniversurey of Sept 11th attacks?).

So yeah, I went YouTubing looking for Pav stuff and I found this, which claims to be his last public performance, at the winter Olympics in 2006.



and here's Pav with U2 + Brian Eno.

No comments:

Post a Comment