Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Friday, September 7, 2007

Apparently, Its Crying Season

Hi blog people.

...one of the blogs I've enjoyed reading recently (the comedian Mike Birbiglia's Secret Public Journal... which is freak'n hilarious) starts each post as "Dear Journal" and I like that and may start doing it here, since generally my blog is more of a journal entry (ie: sort of a self reflection as well as a way to document my days so that I can be amused when I read these accounts several years from now) ....

So yeah, Dear Journal-

(maybe I will use two different greetings depending on the nature of the blog entry (Hi Blog People for when I have information to pass to others and Dear Journal when I'm just babbling to myself...)

Dear Journal-

Ok so, as if crying of Pav wasn't bad enough (see yesterday's blog), today I cried ON THE TRAIN TO WORK in response to the fact that Nick decided to shave off his beard this morning. I dunno what the big deal is for me. The first year I dated him, he didn't have a beard. He didn't have a beard during last summer when we got married. It was a bit out of the ordinary that he decided to keep his beard throughout the summer (his beard usually comes and goes with the coming and going of winter weather), but still, I shouldn't be this weirded out about it.

So, what's the deal? Well, its not that I'm crying over the hideous site of Nick's face (he asked me if this was the case)... (his face is NOT hideous, of course). I think its just the feeling of unfamiliarity that it suddenly creates. Like, obviously I know he's the same person he was, with or without facial hair, but it makes such a drastic difference in his appearance that I can't help but do a double take "who is that strange looking person" when I look at him right after he shaves off his beard. This morning, I felt like my familiar friend had gone away and had been replaced by someone else. Then, of course (in my never ending ability to freak out over things that a) I have no control over and b) I have no reason to believe will happen in the near future) I started to freak out over the possibility of Nick dying or disappearing or something... and that's when the water works started.

So yeah, I cried when Nick shaved off his beard because it reminded me of how sad I'd be if something happened to him.

Sometimes I really get on my own nerves. LOL!


Added a few minutes later:

Here are two pictures for comparrison (with beard, without beard)

2 comments:

  1. As I admitted before, I am very pro-Nick's-beard.

    And I get upset when MB shaves off his, too.

    Also, last night I made myself cry writing about how MB and I met on my blog, so I can't judge anyone else's waterworks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my brother does the same hot/cold weather shaving thing, only with his head. the beard makes a lot more sense, largely because nick does not have a misshapen, lumpy face.

    the only question i have is why he decided to shave now that it's going to be getting cold. if he doesn't grow it back his face is going to get really frosty this winter after summering over under all that hair.

    ReplyDelete