Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hi Blog People!

Yes, I am still alive. I've been really busy as well as a bit sick the last couple of days, so I haven't posted in a while. I've had this thing happen where I'll be going about my day and something amuzing will happen and I'll think to myself "I should blog about this" then I forget what I was going to blog about.

Oh, I just remembered one: Ok so the other weekend I decided to finally to through the assorted boxes of bathroom /toiletry products that had been sitting in the middle of our living room since the move. The highlight of this endevour had to be a tube of dog toothpaste that had an expiration date of 1998 and a back of pepto-tablets which expired in 2002.

Ok that's all I can remember for now.

Here's some bullet points to tell you what I've been doing over the past couple of weeks..
  • went to see Nickle Creek and Fiona Apple at Rivinia last week. Rivinia is an outdoor venue with a pavilion then with a large lawn area outside the pavilion where you can still hear (but, not see) the music... lawn tickets are much cheaper and the idea is that you bring a picnic and blanket and enjoy hearing the show. The NC+FA show was the first time I'd ever been to Rivinia. We got the cheap lawn "seats." Nick packed a great picnic dinner consisting of baget, cheese, tortilla espanola, fruite, chocolate, and wine. The place was completely packed. The show as good, but it was wierd not actually seeing the performance. We left a bit early, the beat the traffic, with the feeling that we had enjoyed our $75 picnic (food+tickts), but that we could have done the same thing in our backyard while listening to the radio.
  • became $200 richer thanks to Craigslist and strangers who wanted to buy our somewhat shitty old furniture for cheap. I said goodbye to the red futon (the one with the velcroe arms: some if you probably remember the red futon from my old apartments in Chicago and E-vegas) ... it was bittersweat.. but we definitely don't need three futons, and I always kinda thought that one felt like a pile of bricks to sit on.
  • Got a compost bin for the yard. Yay. Wish me luck with my vegetable decomposing skills.
  • Decided that Mandy Moore is my new girl crush, especially cuz she's curvey and not a size zero (at least, she doesn't appear to be) and she's totally cool with not being a twig
  • Saw the movie Once again, best movie this year. Word!
  • Have a house full of guests coming this weekend (word up to the E-vegas-ians) yay! I'm looking forward to a fun weekend! (and our first house guests to the new house.)
So yeah, that's about it... all that I can remember at this time. I think I'm going to have to start keeping notes of blog ideas as I get them, so that I don't keep forgetting them and resorting to possibly dumb bullet point accounts of my life.

:)

PS: still have some stuff left to sell/give away to friends. Anybody want a rabbit hutch (I used it to hide the cat box from the dogs) or a kitchen cart thingy?

UPDATE: wow , that was quick. Ok, VBG called dibs on the kitchen cart. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment