Announcement: My garden blog URL has changed. Click here to visit my new Dig-It-Yourself garden blog!

Latesst Posts From My Garden Blog

Monday, September 8, 2008

Things I Learned This Weekend

1. Apparently I am much better at Nintendo Wii bowling than I am at actual bowling. My Wii bowling score (185) was about 6 times higher than my real life bowling score ever is.
2. Barbecue "Chik'N" sandwiches made from Morningstar Farms Chicken Strips drenched in BBQ sauce are a surprisingly successful party tray item, even with the meat eaters.
3. It is entirely possible to give ones self a muscle strain from playing Wii Tennis.
4. Tomato season is now here. I picked literally a dozen huge tomatoes from the garden this morning and am now resorting to giving them away to coworkers.
5. While I spent all spring and early summer waiting on tomatoes and making plans for the dishes I'd make once they ripened, now I can't seem to think of what to do with them all now that I have them coming out my ears.
6. The movie "The Namesake" is waaaay more sad than the preview would lead you to believe (but still good).
7. Following running on the treadmill for the first time in months with a meal of two huge tomatoes from the garden is a bad idea.
8. It is possible for a piece of birthday cake to be too big and rich for me to be able to finish it.
9. Cats love wine bottle corks... and sitting on the keyboard of the laptop...
10. Making a dinner of fresh baget, goat cheese, Spanish tortilla, and wine is still romantic.

5 comments:

  1. Wait... was it fake chicken, fake beef or both? You said "Barbecue "Chik'N" sandwiches made from Morningstar Farms Beef Strips".

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i meant chicken, not beef, i corrected it

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhhhhh i SO WISH that either a.) I was your co-worker or b.) you could mail tomatoes from your garden to Pittsburgh and they would show up fresh. I LOOOOOOVVVVE garden tomatoes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ever since our neighbor found out that my mother loves tomatos, she's been going with the tried and true method of having sliced tomatos with dinner practically every night, plus on sandwiches of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey - why don't you make tomato sauce for pasta and freeze it? yum. -hts

    ReplyDelete